The Web Ergonomics Lab is specially equipped and designed for running user evaluations in a comfortable environment, including state of the art equipment:
- High specification computing equipment runs both Windows and Linux operating systems, supporting all the major web browsers.
- Tobii Eye Tracking provides an non-intrusive way of understanding where people are looking on desktop monitors, tablets, laptops and mobile devices.
- Morae Recorder captures what’s happening on screen in the study room, along with participants’ comments and facial expressions.
- Morae Observer allows the session to be viewed in real time from the observation room.
- Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) measurement captures a person’s relative stress levels as they interact with software or web content. Combined with eye tracking, this can prove a valuable tool in identifying what hinders users the most when completing tasks on a Website.
The Web Ergonomics Lab works at the cutting edge of usability and accessibility research, with expertise in psychology and web technologies to find the best way to evaluate and improve a Web site.
We offer a number of services that can be booked together or separately, and tailored precisely to your needs. We can:
- Recommend a study design based on your specific requirements.
- Carry out the evaluation in a carefully controlled setting.
- Analyse the results in detail, highlighting specific usability and accessibility problems, and providing solutions.