Are you considering Computer Science at Manchester? Here are five reasons why we think you should...Published: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Five compelling reasons to choose Computer Science at Manchester – student satisfaction, employability, global reputation, exciting city - and award-winning students!
Whether you are considering your application to begin your studies next year, or just looking at your options, here are just five compelling reasons why you should look no further than the School of Computer Science at Manchester as your study destination:
- Our National Student Survey (NSS) 2016 results are excellent – 90% overall student satisfaction from our BSc Computer Science students, and an outstanding 97% from those undertaking Computer Science with a Year in Industry.
- Our employability statistics are also exceptionally strong – the most recent Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) data shows that 96.2% of our graduates are in graduate level employment or graduate level study and that 98.1% of our graduates feel that they are well prepared for employment.
- The University of Manchester has climbed six places in The Academic Ranking of World Universities - often known as the Shanghai ranking and now ranks at 35th in the world. The University also ranks at 29th in the world and 7th in the UK according to the 2016 QS World Rankings.
- Manchester has once again been voted UK’s best city to live in in the Global Liveability Survey and is continues to climb up the global rankings.
- In addition to achieving a fantastic set of degree results, over the course of this last academic year, our students:
- won the Major League Hacking cup for the second year running
- won the Great Uni Hack
- won PASS Awards: outstanding contributions to the School’s PASS scheme
- won the Facebook's Favourite Choice award at the TreeHacks hackathon at Stanford University
- won the William Hill Prize at TechCrunch Disrupt London Hackathon
- achieved Runner-Up in this year’s Venture Out Digital Awards
- won #UniTechChallenge at BBC Salford Keys
- won at AstonHack in Birmingham and FuseHack in Amsterdam
- won BAE systems Capture the Flag day of cybersecurity challenges
Of course there are many more reasons why we think you should choose Computer Science at Manchester! We can tell you all about them at our forthcoming Open Days and you can also browse through the Study pages of our School website to find out more.