Looking to undertake a PhD whilst still doing your job? Interested in developing your staff and adding value to your company?
Do both with our new EngD programmes:
An EngD from The School of Computer Science at The University of Manchester gives you or your employees a unique opportunity to perform cutting-edge, industry relevant research that addresses real world challenges.
Academia and industry work together in mentoring and training you and you will graduate with the academic rigour necessary to undertake applied research and with the skills and experience to apply that research capability directly within your industry.
As one of the largest Schools of in the UK we cover a huge spectrum of Computer Science topics. We currently have ten individual research groups ranging from Advanced Processor Technologies to Text Mining. Our core Computer Science research is augmented by interdisciplinary research taking place at the interface with discipline areas including mathematics, physics, medicine and biology. A detailed overview of the School's research groups and core and interdisciplinary research themes can be found in the research section of our website.
Our School is made distinctive by our history, the breadth of our interests, and the depth of our achievement; which has been sustained for decades now. It's an exciting, friendly place, where everyone is always aware that a new and groundbreaking achievement is just around the corner.
- Take advantage of a range of flexible pathways to suit your individual needs
- Tailor your training and development to enhance your career opportunities
- Spend on average 75% of your time working within the organisation sponsoring your research project
- Benefit from a range of Masters modular training and research skills which will add value to your professional skills set
- Develop links within industry to enhance your career progression
- Develop competencies which will equip you for a diverse range of roles in industry
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in a particular technical discipline or industry
- Retain your staff whilst embedding development into their working life
- Collaborate with academics and benefit from their input into your real world research challenge
- Benefit from intellectual property protection and thesis embargo
- Research skills from the course will add value to the workplace