To be considered for a PhD, EngD or MPhil in Computer Science, you will need to meet our entry requirements.
Applications are submitted via the University’s online application system. Before submitting your application, please ensure it is complete and that you have the following supporting documents ready to include:
- Copies of official certificates for all previous degrees completed
- Copies of official transcripts for all previous degrees showing the subjects taken and the grades achieved (if you are currently studying, most Universities can provide you with an interim transcript showing the subjects taken and grades achieved so far)
- Two academic references with referee report forms
- A detailed CV
- A full research proposal if proposing your own research topic or a statement of purpose if applying for an existing project
- An English language certificate (if you are not from a recognised majority English-speaking country - you can check your own country’s entry requirements here)
Please be aware that as well as your personal details, academic background and referees’ details, you will also need to complete the Research Project and Supervisor section, the English Language Requirement section (if appropriate) and the section. Without this information, your application cannot be fully assessed.