Advanced Computer Science: Computer Systems Engineering [MSc]
We require a First or strong Upper Second class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent, in computer science, or in a joint degree with at least 50% computer science content. Applicants with extensive computer science industrial experience and a good honours degree, or its overseas equivalent, may also be considered for admission.
Thus we assume that all students on the course have a good background in computer science, reflected, for example, in solid programing and software development skills.
All students are required to be proficient in spoken and written English. In order to be accepted onto an MSc programme in the School of Computer Science applicants need to provide evidence of having achieved the required level in one of the following english language qualifications:
- IELTS score of 6.5 minimum with 6 in all sub-categories
- Internet based TOEFL 100 ibt with no less than 23 in individual components
- Cambridge Proficiency Grade 'C'
- Pearson English overall 59 (writing 51)
- India: Central Board of Secondary Education Senior School Certificate Year XII (GPA >80)
- West Africa Education Certificate (WAEC) Grade B2
- Nigerian Education Council Certificate (NECO) Grade B2
If you envisage any difficulties in satisfying our English language requirements then please do let us know. The University offer a number of excellent pre-sessional English courses designed specifically to help international students meet our requirements prior to the start of their courses.