If you're interested in taking one of our MSc courses on a modular or part-time basis, before applying please email with your details and the course you're interested in, and we will be in touch with further information.
Application for the Modular MSc courses or individual course units should be done via the standard online postgraduate application form.
You are not required to complete all elements of the form; please follow these steps:
- Follow this link to the online application form.
- Scroll through the options to select the Modular programme/plan codes
- You are not required to complete all of the fields on the application form, but please complete the following:
- FULL contact details ie. full name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number
- the title of your chosen MSc course / course unit(s).
- Please also upload the following documents:
- A Statement of Aims – (about half an A4 sheet) briefly summarising your motivation for wishing to study for a Modular MSc / course unit(s).
- Academic Transcript showing all subjects studied and grades awarded for each year of your degree.
- Degree certificate.
- Curriculum vitae – showing academic and employment history.
- For full time MSc we require two academic references; for modular applicants, one industrial reference is sufficient if you have graduated more than two years ago. References can be emailed separately if preferred.
If you have any questions about the application process or the MSc courses/course units themselves, please contact Jake Latham: email@example.com 0161 275 0698.
The entry requirements for the Modular and Part Time MSc Programmes are the same as those of the corresponding full time MSc Programmes, except that the University is restricted to admit only students with UK or EU residency as modular or part-time students.
A Science or Engineering Honours degree with sufficient relevant industrial or educational experience rather than a Computer Science Honours degree may also be acceptable. Admission is open to candidates who do not have the normal entry route qualifications, provided they have:
a. A 2.1 or first class degree in a Science or Engineering discipline and wish to develop their Computer Science skills; in this case entry is by means of the MSc in Computer Science Foundation Route.
b. A 2.1 or first class degree in a Science or Engineering discipline and 5 or more years of practical experience working in software development or Computer Science Education.
c. Significant practical experience working in software development or Computer Science Education (5 years or more), with a good 2.2 honours degree in Computer Science.
In cases (b) and (c), please provide details in your application on the level of your experience in programming, software development and Computer Science topics. We may invite you for an interview.
IT qualifications are not considered because information technology based degrees do not contain sufficient key Computer Science content, which are essential preparation for an MSc in the School.
The entry qualifications for the Diploma and for the Certificate are the same as for the MSc.
For all courses a good command of verbal and written English is essential and all applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 (minimum) or TOEFL 100ib (w24) Listening 17, Reading 18, Speaking 20 or Cambridge Proficiency Grade `C' (minimum) or Pearson 59 (writing 51) before the course start date.