Artificial Intelligence (3 Years) [BSc]
Third Year Project Laboratory
|Unit level:||Level 3|
|Teaching period(s):||Full year|
|Offered by||School of Computer Science|
|Available as a free choice unit?:||Y
Additional RequirementsEnrolment restricted to students on Computer Science Single Honours and MEng programmes.
The aims for the project work done in the third year are:
- To manage and execute a substantial project in a limited time.
- To identify and learn whatever new skills are needed to complete the project.
- To apply design and engineering skills in the accomplishment of a single task. In this context the skills mentioned may be in the general area of design and engineering in its broadest sense, or may be very specifically related to particular tools.
Teaching and learning methods
6 hours in total, all in Welcome Week
Learning outcomes are detailed on the COMP30040 course unit syllabus page on the School of Computer Science's website for current students.
- Analytical skills
- Project management
- Oral communication
- Problem solving
- Written communication
- Written assignment (inc essay) - 80%
- Oral assessment/presentation - 20%
The formal lectures for the course take place during Welcome Week at the beginning of the academic year. The times are shown in the details panel.
Students are required to produce six deliverables during the year including some coursework during Welcome Week. Details are on the Third Year Project (COMP30040 materials) web pages.
COMP30040 reading list can be found on the School of Computer Science website for current students.
Feedback methodsCopies of structured marking sheets returned to students
- Assessment practical exam - 1 hours
- Lectures - 7 hours
- Project supervision - 20 hours
- Independent study hours - 372 hours