Applicants for all degree programmes require an approved English language qualification. Please see the remaining entry requirements by selecting your choice from the menu above.
For September 2016 entry approved English language qualifications include:
- GCSE English grade C
- GCE O-Level English Language grade C
- London overseas O-Level English Language syllabus 122 is not acceptable
- Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level English grade C
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level English grade C
- IGCSE First Language English (Cambridge Syndicate) grade C
- IGCSE English as a Second Language grade C
- University Entrance Test in English for Speakers of Other Languages (UETESOL) from NEAB pass
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with an overall average of 6 and a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- Internet based TOEFL with an overall score of 87 including 21 in Listening, 21 in Writing, 22 in Reading and 23 in Speaking
Unacceptable English language qualifications include:
- First Certificate (Cambridge Syndicate)
There are alternative acceptable English language qualifications.
The pages giving the non-English language requirements for individual countries includes details of the acceptable English language qualifications in these countries.
If you can not find your particular qualification, send an Email to the Undergraduate Admissions Officer asking whether your qualification fulfills the English language entry requirement.