The University of Manchester is world renowned for its academic and reserach excellence. With a distinguished history and exciting agenda for the future, our graduates are constantly in demand from the world's top employers.
The high-quality education offered in the UK is recognised around the world – that's why students from more than 180 countries want to study at The University of Manchester.
The International Society, located on Oxford Road, is a busy centre for international students based in the Manchester area.
The society has over 3,000 members from over 150 different countries, making it a great place to meet friends and make contacts during your stay.
The society arranges weekend trips around the UK, offers over 40 different classes each week and organises over 100 different social events throughout the year, helping you to make the most of your time in the UK.
- Cultural nights, social meetings and theatre visits
- Visits to the Lake District, North Wales, Stratford, York and Edinburgh
- Discount lunches
- A Hospitality Scheme to link up international students with local people
- A reception each term for members to meet socially
- A Women and Families' Group for spouses of international students to meet together - with talks, cookery demonstrations and visits (Children are welcome)
- English and other language classes
- Regular world quiz nights, tai chi, juggling and belly dancing classes
For full details of forthcoming events and to find out more about the society, visit: