The aim of this project was to catalogue current components to form a hardware library for the school that is available online. The project consists of two parts:
Standard view: It allows the students and staff members to browse through items, see what is available, and reserve them. If they cannot find a component, they can propose a new one. A component can contain listings with sources of information, datasheets, manuals, etc.
Admin view: It allows managing the current and past bookings and component proposals, adding/removing/updating components, extending the due date of a booking, managing admin members and viewing statistics about the number of bookings and most popular components. From the admin side, automatic reminders are sent to students who are approaching the due date for their booking. There are 2 detections in place in case the number of unique identifiers for a component is not matching the quantity and if the current image for a component is for some reason becoming unavailable (e.g. it gets deleted, updated to wrong file name, etc.). An admin is also capable of switching between standard and privileged view.
Below is a short description of how the booking process works:
- A person logs into the School intranet website and reserves an item by specifying the date when he/she plans to return it.
- The student is now able to see the item being marked as waiting for approval in ‘My Components’.
- Admin receives a new entry in the awaiting reservations. If the admin refuses the reservation, a reason will have to be provided in the email the requester will receive. If the reservation is approved, the requester will receive an automatic email to come and collect the item.
- When the person comes to collect the component, the admin will have to choose a unique identifier from the list and this will be assigned to the current booking.
- You can use the component for your project.
- Once the component is returned, the admin will have to mark it as returned from the ‘Current Bookings’ tab. Here, the admin is also able to extend the booking by one week.
- The top 20 most recently returned components appear in the ‘Past Bookings’. Here you are also able to search for bookings by person ID, component name or unique identifier.