Prepare for the Fair: Careers fairs in Manchester this weekPublished: Monday, 19 October 2015
Find out more about the exhibitors
There are three different careers fairs this week in Manchester, that will be of interest to students seeking placements, summer internships or employment after their graduation. They are:
- The Business, Finance & Management Fair on Tuesday 20th October 2015, 10.30am - 4.30pm, Manchester Central. Register on the eventbrite page.
- The Engineering, Science & Technology Fair on Wednesday 21st October 2015, 10.00am - 4.30pm, Manchester Central. Register on the eventbrite page
- The Kilburn Computer Science Careers Fair on Thursday & Friday 22nd & 23rd October 2015, 11.30 to 3pm in the Kilburn building. No sign up required.
Prepare for the fair: research the employers
We know you're all very busy but just a little preparation will go a long way, start with
- Updating your CV, and bringing several printed copies with you on the day
- Finding out more about any employers below, before you speak to them on the day
- Reading the making the most of the fair guide from the careers service
Which employers will be exhibiting? In Manchester Central, behind the Midland Hotel...
- There will be over 70 exhibitors at the business fair on Tuesday including: ABInBev UK Ltd, Accenture, AccessPay, adidas Group, Aldi Stores Ltd, Allianz, AlphaSights, Alter Domus, Aon, ACCA, ATT / CIOT, Aviva, AXA UK, BAE Systems, Barclays, BDO, Bloomberg, Boots, BT, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), City Electrical Factors, Civil Service, Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd, Cognolink, The Co-operative Bank plc, Danone, Deloitte LLP, Diageo, easyJet, EY, FactSet, Fenwick Limited, FirstGroup plc, Frontline, FTI Consulting, Graduate Recruitment Bureau, Grant Thornton, GSK, HM Treasury, HSBC, IBM UK Ltd, ICAEW, INEOS, Jaguar Land Rover, JDX Consulting, KFC, Lidl, Lloyds Banking Group, Lloyd's of London, Markit Group Limited, Marsh, Mercer, Mondelez International, Mountbatten Institute, National Audit Office, Network Rail, Next, OneE Group Limited, Police Now, Procter & Gamble, PwC, RateMyPlacement, Royal Mail, Santander, Severn Trent Water, Siemens, Sky, Softcat Limited, Tangerine Holdings, Teach First, Tesco, TK Maxx, Transport for London, Unilever, Uniqlo (Fast Retailing Group), Virgin Media and Willis.
- There will be over 70 exhibitors at the science fair on Wednesday including: Accenture, AccessPay, AECOM, Air Products PLC, American Express, AstraZeneca, Atkins, Atos, Babcock International Group, BAE Systems, Balfour Beatty, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BJSS, BNP Paribas, British Council, BT, Buckingham Group Contracting, Centrica, CH2M, Chromalloy, Civil Service, Daimler AG, Deloitte LLP, deltatre, Department for Education, Diageo, Edif ERA, EMC, E.ON, FDM Group, FinancialForce.com, FirstGroup, Ford Motor Company, Fujitsu, Graduate Recruitment Bureau, GSK, IBM, Iggesund Paperboard Ltd, Imagination Technologies, INEOS, Intellectual Property Office, Intelligent Energy Ltd, ION Trading, Jaguar Land Rover, James Fisher Nuclear, JLL, Johnson Matthey, Keyence, Keysight Technologies UK Ltd, Kier, London Stock Exchange Group, L’Oréal, Markit Group Limited, Mondelēz International, Morgan Advanced Materials, National Grid, National Nuclear Laboratory Ltd, Network Rail, nucleargraduates, NXP Semiconductors, Optiver, Ordnance Survey, Procter & Gamble, PwC, QinetiQ, Rolls-Royce, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, ScottishPower, Shearwater Systems / System C Healthcare, Shell, Siemens, SKY, Sopra Steria, STFC Technology, Tata Steel, Teach First, Tessella Ltd, Transport for London, Ultra Electronics Nuclear Control Systems and Web Applications UK.
Finally, the Kilburn Computer Science careers fair on Thursday and Friday will have 30 exhibitors over the two days (right here on your doorstep) including Amazon, Apadmi, ARM, AstraZeneca, Avecto, Bloomberg, Couchbase, Cyberscience, DigitalBridge, FreeAgent, Goldman Sachs, IBM, Imagination Technology, Interactive Intelligence, LateRooms.com, London Stock Exchange, Morgan Stanley, NCC Group plc, Ocado Technology, Portswigger Web Security, Rentalcars.com, Shell, Thales Group, The Hut Group, ThoughtWorks, Top Cash Back and Ultra.
There should be something of interest for everybody in the lists above.