Prof Robert Stevens - personal details
Role: Professor, Head of School.
Tel: 0161 275-6251
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester
- School of Computer Science
- Ontogenesis Knowledgeblog
- Robert Stevens blog
- robert Stevens on Google Scholar
I am a professor of computer science in the Bio-Health Informatics Group in the School of Computer Science at the University of Manchester. I have a B.Sc. in biochemistry; an M.Sc. in biological Computation; and a D.Phil. in Computer Science: A blend of Biology and Computer Science, that I use within my main research area of Bioinformatics. I am also a member of the Information Management Group where I work with colleagues on both e-Science and description logics. I also have close affiliation with the Bioinformatics Groups from the Faculty of Life Sciences.
A pottted biography is:
- 2013: Professor of computer science (Computer Science, Manchester);
- 2010: Reader in bio-health informatics (Computer Science, Manchester);
- 2006: Senior lecturer (Computer Science, Manchester);
- 2001: Lecturer (Computer Science, Manchester);
- 1997: Move to Manchester as postdoctoral research associate on TAMBIS project;
- 1993: RA on Maths project, university of York;
- 1996: D.Phil. computer science, University of York;
- 1991: M.Sc.biological computation, University of York;
- 1986: B.Cs. (Hons) Biochemistry, university of Bristol.