Machine Learning is revolutionising the world. It is difficult to think of a technology that has progressed so rapidly, in terms of real-world impact. Our group is interested in new theory, metholodogies, and cross-discipline scientific impact, as well as consumer-driven applications.
- Dr Jon Shapiro (Group lead): reinforcement learning, game theory, Bayesian methods.
- Prof Gavin Brown: information theoretic methods, feature selection, deep learning, applications in health.
- Dr Ke Chen: deep learning, vision and speech representations, zero-shot learning, game AI.
- Dr Tingting Mu: representation and metric learning, relational data analysis, NLP/vision.
- Dr Xiaojun Zeng: Big Data analytics, deep learning, fuzzy systems, applications in finance, energy, and health.
- Prof Ross King: automation of science, inductive logic programming.
The group is currently well supported with funding from EPSRC, ESRC, AstraZeneca, and the EU. See project pages of individual academics for details.
We are hiring. Watch this space for upcoming posts.
We welcome applications from potential PhD candidates. We run a research training programme augmented by practical experience in creative thinking and innovation, scientific evaluation, and leading edge research in industry and academia.