Software Engineering (3 Years) [BSc]
- Examines the fundamentals of the business environments within which complex software systems are deployed
- Students can make course unit choices that allow them to change between the Computer Science, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Distributed Computing programmes at the end of the first year.
Course units and themes of particular relevance to software engineering include:
- Software Engineering Project.
- Distributed Systems Development
- Information Systems Modelling.
- Specification of Software Systems
- Software Evolution.
- Software Quality.
- Agile Methods.
- Data Integration and Analysis
Employers, from large multinational firms such as EA Electronic Arts , IBM and Microsoft to small local organisations, actively target our students, recognising that Manchester Computer Science graduates are equipped with the skills that enable them to excel in a whole host of positions, including many that are not traditionally associated with computing graduates.
I always has the mind-set in my degree that I was learning how to learn. I feel like the BSc in Computer Science gives you a very holistic view of the subject, all the way from logic gates to high-level modules like Computer Vision.
Seb Masaru, BSc Computer Science
The community, the School, the University, and the city itself are so vibrant in Manchester. You get the sensation that the people here are all extremely approachable.