How to apply
Once you've chosen your taught master's course at the University, it's time to apply through our online application system.
UK and EU students
Although you can apply for a postgraduate degree any time of year, we recommend you apply via the University's online application system as early as possible in the academic year to give you the best chance of securing a place.
Please note that if you're a student applying from outside of the UK and EU, there is a November deadline due to the high volume of applications that we receive.
The full application process is available on the University's website via the link at the bottom of the page.
Modular or part-time courses
To apply for one of our taught master's courses on a modular or part-time basis (for instance, on a continuing professional development course), you are not required to complete all of the form.
Instead, follow the steps listed below.
- Follow this link to the online application form.
- Scroll through the options to select the modular programme/plan codes.
- You are not required to complete all of the fields on the application form, but please complete the following:
- full contact details, ie full name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number;
- the title of your chosen MSc course / course unit(s).
- Please also upload the following documents:
- statement of aims - (about half an A4 sheet) briefly summarising your motivation for wishing to study for a modular MSc / course unit(s);
- academic transcript - showing all subjects studied and grades awarded for each year of your degree;
- degree certificate;
- CV - showing academic and employment history;
- academic references - for a full-time MSc we require two academic references; for modular applicants, one industrial reference is sufficient if you have graduated more than two years ago (references can be emailed separately if preferred).
If you have any questions about the application process or the MSc courses/course units themselves, contact us.