Fees and funding
Information you need to know about your funding options as an undergraduate student in the Department of Computer Science.
As well as student loans to cover fees and maintenance, you may also be entitled to a University bursary or scholarship to support you through your studies.
The University's main website has a thorough guide to student finance in this academic year, fully explaining the options available to you.
The following scholarships are made available to students in our Department for September 2020 entry. The Scholarships for September 2021 entry will be updated here shortly:
The Department of Computer Science is delighted to offer our Kilburn Entry Scholarship for high achieving Home tuition fee students in 2020.
Our criteria to meet the £1,000 scholarships, is achieving A*A*A at A-level with A* in Maths, achieved at the first sitting. Other qualifications will also be considered for the award, subject to academic approval.
There is no formal application process to be considered and there is no stipulation to how the recipient can spend the award.
- The award: £2,000 per year
- Who is eligible: Well qualified international students who apply for any undergraduate degree course within the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Further details on criteria and selection can be obtained at:
- FSE International Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships (PDF document, 89KB)
- The award: £80,000 available over three awards. The highest ranked student will receive £40,000 payable as £10,000 per year, for up to four years of study. Two students will receive awards of £20,000 each payable as £5,000 per year, for up to four years of study.
- Who is eligible: any Indian student who can demonstrate excellent levels of attainment while studying the International Baccalaureate or Standard XII.
Three individual scholarships across the Faculty of Science and Engineering are available. These prestigious Faculty awards will be made on the basis of an applicant’s UCAS form. There is no special interview or extra work commitment involved.
Eligible candidates need to accept an offer as first choice from the University by Sunday, 30 June, prior to the selected September Entry. The three successful applicants will be informed of their awards in July, providing them with valuable savings on their studies. Students will need to maintain satisfactory performance during their degree course.
UK scholarships for 2021 entry
Are you a UK student looking for science and engineering funding options for next next? Visit the University website for our Faculty and subject specific awards.
Overseas scholarships for 2021 entry
Are you an overseas student looking for science and engineering funding options for next next? Visit the University website for our Faculty and subject specific awards.