Research for your business
We have a number of mechanisms for linking to industry locally, across the UK and internationally, and a wide range of opportunities exist for collaborative ventures in both teaching and research.
In addition to being central to a number of strategic partnerships between the University and major companies including IBM, AstraZeneca and the BBC, we host a number of events aimed at engaging the industrial community with the developments and innovations within the Department. These currently include:
- Industrial Advisory Board - to discuss curriculum development and strategies to promote industrial engagement;
- Industrial Forum - to showcase teaching and research activities;
- industry study groups - a chance for companies to access expertise in the Department to help solve industrial problems;
- Manchester Turing Lecture - in association with The IEE and BCS;
- a number of independent lectures and seminars.